Monday, October 1, 2012

September Foodie Penpals Reveal Day


It's that time of the month again - Reveal Day :)  This is my third month taking part and yet again I received another great package.

This month I sent my package to Jessica in Nevada, she blogs at http://theorganicmrsk.blogspot.com 

The box I received came from Sara in Ohio, sadly she isn't a blogger.

As usual I was super excited when my box arrived as I was eager to see what I had received, and I was not disappointed.



















I received a lovely note from Sara letting me know why she had picked the various items, and also apologizing for the salsa that never made the package.
I tried the almond & coconut bar straight away and it was so good. I also tried the apple pie Larabar, but wasn't too keen in it as it had raisins and dates in it, so I generously let my friend eat that and she loved it. Sara said the Harvest Grains blend was her favorite, and it looks really nice. I haven't got round to trying it yet though.



















The next part of the package I was super excited about, I received some tea from Churchill's Fine Tea  which is local to Sara. She chose me three flavors of black tea, sweet & savory (which sounds very interesting), ginger peach (which Sara said was her favorite) and pomegranate rosehip. She was also kind enough to include a tea infuser and tea measuring spoon, along with the brewing instructions. I have yet to try the tea as I like to drink hot tea when it's cold out and it hasn't been cold for the last week! I look forward to sampling them soon though.

Sara also included her Mommy's recipe for chai tea, a breakfast muffin recipe and a corn salad recipe. All of which sound really nice.

Thanks Sara for such a fantastic box, hope you loved the box you received from your penpal just as much as I loved mine.


And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of
goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about
the goodies you received from your penpal

-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items
or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also
include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining
what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your
items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget
about flat rate boxes!)

-Foodie Penpals is
open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you
get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to
post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired
together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 

-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please
note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've
determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to
send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice
versa. 

If you’re interested in participating for October, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by October 4th as pairings will be emailed on October 5th!
*If you're from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to
participate, send me an email and I'll see if we get enough interest
this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment