Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week 12

I'm back from my two week vacation to England, where I had lots and lots of fun, it was great to spend time with friends and family. It's strange as when I'm there it doesn't feel like I live so far away, but now I'm back home it does feel like a long way away :(

Well, I planned to try and be good and not eat loads, BUT.... once I was there, there were so many yummy English foods that I can't get here that I ended up eating pretty much everything and anything!! As a result I gained 4.2lbs, which to be honest is a lot less than I was expecting - I was expecting at least 7lbs gain. I did do a lot of walking and cycling so I guessed that helped, plus I didn't track at all, but did try and make some healthier choices and drink lots of water. This now brings my total loss to 7lbs, which I guess is still a loss.

I went shopping this morning and my fridge is full of lots of healthy fruit and veg, hubby will be shocked when he gets home and goes to find a snack! I have just finished the course of steroids for my slipped disc (not that they helped this time), so I'm hoping that will help with the cravings, as I seemed to be constantly hungry when I was taking them. I have physio tomorrow and will discuss the best exercises to do, but am hoping to go back to water running classes next week, or at least some swimming. 

Its just under 23 weeks until I take part in the Susan G Komen 3 day 60 mile walk. So far I have raised $1295 towards my $2300 target. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far, and if you would like to donate here is the link to my fundraising page. 
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2012/General?px=6463345&pg=personal&fr_id=1768
I guess I should think about starting some training plan soon!!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it previously but I have signed up for The Color Run in San Francisco on July 14th at Candlestick Park. I am so looking forward to it, I'm taking part with a group of friends including Marisol There will be lots of photos taken at the event for sure.

I have decided I am going to buy the fitbit not the Nike Fuel Band, but I still need to hit that 275 goal first. 10.2lbs to go. I'm hoping that I can lose most of my vacation gain this week and get straight back on track. Watch this space ....

No comments:

Post a Comment