Saturday, September 3, 2011

My new hobby

Just realized I haven't blogged in almost 2 months, so apologies about that.

So the purpose of today's post is to tell you all about my new hobby. Now I've never really had a hobby as such, I touched on card making for a while and made our wedding invites, but that never really took off. I remember sewing as a child and thought I would love to try quilting, but it seemed a lot of expense for something I probably wouldn't stick with. 

So lately I have been browsing the net and trying to think of something to do in all my spare time when I'm not volunteering, and Ive decided on quilting. I got a bunch of quilting books from the library and did some research online. I placed a rather large order on Amazon for a sewing machine (Brother CP7500) and lots of quilting bits and pieces (thanks babe) and today I went to Joann Fabrics, where they happened to have a sale on and I got lots of cool fabric and some other bits and pieces (thanks again babe). Ive just spent an hour sorting through everything and have bought a small set of plastic drawers to keep it all in. Now I have everything ready it is time to start the sewing. I have unpacked the machine, but as yet have not plugged it in and tried it out. So that is my adventure for the rest of the weekend to start quilting, well to practice using the machine and then start quilting.





Someone (thanks Wenoah) told me about mug rugs, small quilts for your cup of tea and biscuits, so I'm going to start with those, then maybe move to a dog quilt. Dave wants a space invader quilt, but I need a lot of practice before I attempt that.

Watch this space and hopefully I will be posting some pictures of my work pretty soon




No comments:

Post a Comment