Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 30

This week I tried something different, I attempted to eat clean and count calories. This really worked out for me, and as a result I lost 5.6lbs and my total loss is now at 15lbs :)

I would estimate that I ate about 80% clean this week, as I had a lot of food in the house already that wasnt super clean that needed to be eaten. I enjoyed trying some new recipes and cooking more than normal. One big difference I noticed was when I was out and I wanted to grab something on the go, there wasnt much clean food around, so instead I waited till I got home and ate - which is something I've always had trouble with, its always too easy to forget about the donut you ate on the way home from the grocery store, or the chips you grabbed at the gas station. This week the only thing I drank was water, and I found I didnt miss my iced tea or soda at all, my iced tea is sugar free (but it isnt very clean) and Ive decided I clearly don't need it. 

It is interesting to see a break down of the food I ate over the last week too.



I had a lot more protein than normal which is clearly a good thing, and I averaged just under 1500 calories a day this week. The fact I exercised a lot too, I'm sure was also a big help. I worked out everyday, and mixed up my exercise, I swam, did cardio and strength training at the gym, exercise bike at home, and walking. I also sold my fitbit (so no more step counting you will be glad to hear) and I bought a heart rate monitor. It was interesting to see the number of calories burned in each activity, as it came up a lot less than the estimated calories online, so this helps me when I want to eat something as I know how much effort I need to put in to burn the extra calories off.

Looking forward to another great week, its going to be busy, but I know I can do this.

Have a great week everyone
Sarah xxx


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your great week. I always have food in my car, in my laptop bag, in my purse. Even just pre packaged nuts (from Trader Joes) Lara bars. It really helps for when I get so hungry I can't wait. I've also been that person to buy up 3 bananas at the gas station. So pricey but it worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I need to start keeping something in my car or purse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! I agree with Shannon. Keep some snacks at hand. I would suggest eating every 3 hours or so. I like the raw almonds from Trader Joe's that come prepackaged. One bag plus two mini babybel cheeses and that's a good snack at only 300 calories. Add some fruit and that can be lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm definitely going to pick something up

      Delete