Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June Bark Box

It was Jess and Bluey's favorite time of the month yesterday when the mailman delivered their BarkBox. Yet again they weren't disappointed.
 

















Everything was very well sealed this month, so it took them a good few minutes of sniffing before they gave up and waited for me to unwrap things :)

The first item I took out was some beef freeze dried food from Stella & Chewy's. There was no feeding instructions on the packet, so I broke a small piece off to see if the dogs would eat it - of course they did! So between them I let them eat it. I went online later and found out it can be fed to them as it came or re-hydrated with water. I have heard lots of good and bad things about feeding a raw diet, so not sure I would make the change to a raw diet just yet.
The next edible treat in the box was the double nut super boost treats from Tumbleweed & Eddie's At first when I gave them to my dogs they turned their nose up and wouldn't eat them, which is unlike them, but I think they were hoping for more of the beef food!! I tried them with these treats again today and they both ate them straight away.

 

















The next two items were my favorite ones in the box. There was a minty fruit smoothie from Mr Barksmiths Both of my dogs are big fans of frozen treats, so I am sure they will love it, especially in the warm weather we are currently having.  I have placed it in my freezer and will be letting them try it in the next few days.

Most dog owners have heard of kong toys, and I thought this next item was pretty similar until I read all about it. The Gimme gummy from safemade and is made of food grade silicon and is freezer, oven and dishwasher safe. They have a recipe section on their site, for some cool ideas for filling the toy too. I normally put peanut butter in these type of toys, so will be interested to see what new ideas they have.
The final item was a soggy paws dog towel from Farfetched. It is a towel with pockets making easier to hold and dry your dog at the same time. I plan on leaving mine in my car for beach days.

A special thanks to the BarkBox team for including some summer tips for dog owners in the box too. Don't forget if you sign up at www.barkbox.com and use the code SASCO020 you will get $5 off your first box. Go on  - treat your puppy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment