Monday, June 6, 2011

Reading Partners

As some of you may know I volunteer at various places in my local community.
One of the organizations I have volunteered with is Reading Partners they help children in elementary schools improve their reading skills. I have been volunteering with them for just over a year and have really enjoyed it, I have worked with four different students ranging from 3 - 5 grade. Due to the fact I have recently moved, I am  going to be volunteering at a school that is nearer to me after the summer, last week was my last session with my two students, and they made me the following cards as a thank you. Knowing how much the students have enjoyed their time with me and the progress they have made makes it all worth it.
If you can spare 45 mins a week (the length of each tutoring session), then this is a great volunteering opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment