Sunday, October 28, 2012

October Foodie Penpals Reveal Day


The Lean Green Bean







It's reveal day today :) This was my fourth month taking part and another great month with lots of yummy goodies. This month I mailed my package to Tara in Illinois and I received my package from Bridgette in New York, she blogs over at www.itsnoneofyourfitness.com


So I know you all want to see what goodies I received, so here goes.

















The first thing I ate was the sweet potato chips, they were so good, then I ate the feta herb hummus chips, I had eaten some a few weeks back and knew how good they were. The pure maple sugar candy is something I have never seen before and was something from Bridgette's local area, I shared these with my husband and we both loved them. I must confess I haven't actually got round to trying any of the other items yet as we have had family staying and we have been eating out a lot, but I am looking forward to trying everything especially the popcorn, as I have never seen popcorn like that before.  I am excited that they are all items that are from places local to Bridgette and that I haven't tried before. I also received some honey sticks, which will come in very handy when I drink my tea.
Thank you so much for my lovely box Bridgette, I hope you enjoy your box as much as I am enjoying mine.


And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of
goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about
the goodies you received from your penpal

-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items
or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also
include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining
what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!

-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your
items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget
about flat rate boxes!)

-Foodie Penpals is
open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you
get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to
post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired
together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 

-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please
note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've
determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to
send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice
versa. 

If you’re interested in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by November 4th as pairings will be emailed on October 5th!
*If you're from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to
participate, send me an email and I'll see if we get enough interest
this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment