Friday, February 4, 2011

Wedding Invite

A few weeks ago I was in a store chatting to some guy, and he said 'You are from England aren't you?' - I thought - here we go again. I politely said yes and started to edge slowly away!! Then he said 'Are you going to the wedding?' I thought he must have me confused with someone else so I said no, and he asked 'Why? Did you not get an invite?'. I again replied no and moved away. I didn't think anything more of it, as I'm used to being asked random weird questions from complete strangers.
Then last week I was out walking my dog and another guy was chatting to me, and he also asked me if i was going to the wedding, I again replied no. It was only when I got home that I realized he was talking about the upcoming Royal Wedding, I guess people think as I'm from England I must know the Royal family personally. I got asked the same question again this evening (hence this blog post), at least this time I was able to answer no and actually know what I was talking about.
Maybe next time I should reply yes and tell him Kate is my BFF, and that my mum and her mum often do teas and cakes together.  I am shocked at the big interest in the wedding over here, the Americans seem quite excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment